Application for authorisation
You must have the equivalence of your diploma with a Belgian architect's diploma established by NARIC: www.naricvlaanderen.be/en/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications
You must obtain a royal decree allowing you to practise the profession of architect in Belgium via the Federal Public Planning Service Science Policy: Tel. +32-(0)2-238.35.44 - E-mail: email@example.com.
You must submit an application for authorisation to the council responsible for the province in which the construction site is located. If this is the Brussels Capital Region, you have the choice of submitting your application to the Provincial Council of Flemish Brabant and Brussels in Dutch or to the Provincial Council of Walloon Brabant and Brussels in French.
You must submit the following documents:
- Copy of your diploma;
- Proof of nationality;
- Decision by NARIC establishing the equivalence of your diploma with a Belgian architect's diploma;
- Royal Decree authorising you to practise the profession of architect in Belgium;
- A certificate stating that, in the ten years prior to the authorisation, you had practised the profession of architect abroad for at east one year.
- Proof of professional liability insurance;
- The architect's mission statement (link);
- The prior written declaration (link);
- Bis number
If you submit the application for a legal entity: we additionally request a declaration of honour that the architect(s) who submitted the above documents will be the only one(s) to provide the service in the name of and on behalf of the legal entity.
If you have any questions, please contact our legal department.